Keywords : The importance of social networking sites
The importance of social networking sites as a source of information about political corruption cases
Journal of college of Law for Legal and Political Sciences,
2015, Volume 4, Issue 15 part 2, Pages 690-746
he importance of social networking sites as a source of information about political corruption cases
Targeted research to examine the role of social networking sites is to provide the public with information about the political corruption cases by conducting a survey on the audience the city of Kirkuk, where the researcher was based on hypotheses derived from seeking information theory. As objective of this research to detect the rate and size of the exposed members of the public to social networking sites, and trying to Access to the reasons and motives exposed members of the public to social networking sites, and to identify the extent of their trust in the information they receive through social networking sites, and knowing the order of social networking sites in terms of the degree of adoption of the members of the public in access to information, and to identify demographic variables relationship searching for information through social networking sites.
This is the search of descriptive research in terms of type researcher has used the survey method to reach the goals that the researcher seeks to achieve has been used screening method which is one of the most curricula in line with our search requirements, which focuses on reaching the data and information pertaining to the target audience on the phenomenon in question . Researcher questionnaire was distributed among a random sample of (350) single audience of the city of Kirkuk, who represent the research community. Research has concluded a set of results including:
1. The data suggest that the answers of respondents about the extent of their exposure to network communication that more than half the sample Acharo that they are subjected to social communication sites permanently.
2. answers respondents explained the reasons for their vulnerability to social networking sites to know the political and social events, and access to the scandals of political and administrative corruption solution first prize of the respondents answers beyond the main reason for their exposure to the social networking site.
3. The data indicate that the administrative and financial corruption cases have topped the issues and topics that respondents watched through social communication sites.
4. The results showed that the politicians and party leaders and ministers have helped to spearhead the list of characters that referred to corruption in social networking sites from the perspective of the respondents.
5. answers respondents showed that social networking sites is an important source for the information.
6. about the extent of public confidence in the information provided by the social networking sites made it clear answers to the respondents, that half of the respondents indicated that they trust greatly information acquired through social networking sites.
7. answers respondents showed that networking sites significantly contribute to providing them with information about corruption cases.
8. research data suggest that Facebook may be resolved in the first place among social networking sites relied on by respondents as a source for information related to issues of corruption.
9. concluded Pferod results of research to prove the health of all the hypotheses developed by the researcher in the framework of seeking information theory, except the third hypothesis that there was a statistically significant relationship between gender and the sites upon which respondents permanently for information.